With all that was revealed from Microsoft’s big XBOX One reveal..I will not be buying the console. Who the hell, in the right mind, would?
Throughout the last several years, aside from the obvious WII taking center stage on the sales front, XBOX 360 has been on the forefront of gaming sales and experience for the Hardcore gamer. It had great exclusive titles that haven’t worn out its respective welcomes. Now days, Halo has worn out its welcome and Call of Duty is just a plenty as there are Mario games. The first thought that comes to mind is that when these games are not only known exclusives aside from another title that was mentioned at the big reveal but, it’s nothing SPECIAL about them so why go out of the way to buy them?
Another question is, Why the hell would I want an expensive cable box the limits my gaming experience but enhances my TV experience with the mere mention that I’m not an avid TV fan. I watch Game of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother, The Simpsons and Adventure time, but that’s it! I got netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime for such things!
Microsoft has given Nintendo and Sony a very clear advantage with their new consoles. Sony and Nintendo both have officially stated that used games are still able to play on the console and on any account and if Sony brings down their premium account to free, they would win hands down *hint hint*
Here are the many highlights of the XBOX ONE
* Notes the subject of argument as it was not officially confirmed. While some of these facts are subject of debate until the official press release, there have been tweets from XBOX support to the contrary about the fees in regards to used games or online account accessibility. However, unless an official statement is made – then there is nothing to debunk the supposed rumor.
- -*A fee for used or borrowed games. Want to buy a game at gamestop that you were waiting to come down because it doesn’t warrant a full price? You’ll be almost certain to have to pay it. Are you living off food stamps and barley have any money so you have to rely on a few good friends for the gaming experience? You wanna borrow it right? Nope, there is a full MSRP fee when you go install the game on your console.
- – You can play a game you own on another console…with your profile.
- -*Required to be online to install any new games PERIOD. PC brought in the online activation to stomp down piracy and for the most part I can’t blame them. However, it began to kill the gaming experiences of quite a few players who would rather just go on a console and play their games without the hassle of being online. There are still people out there who are hardcore gamers that can’t get high speed like most in an inner city or can’t afford internet period and that’s why they go to consoles but now, they won’t be able to play their favorite Halo franchise unless they’re connected to register the product…
- –*Want to change profiles so you can play a game you already bought or a friend is wanting to play it on your console? Nope! every game is account specific therefore, in order to play it on another profile you’ll have to buy it again. Every game is account specific and playing the game on the same console, but different profile, will constitute the used fee as well *See above for more info
- -XBOX One is a CABLE BOX….not a gaming console. One of the many things Microsoft got right it was being game centric with the XBOX 360 and now they’re trading that in for a cable box. There are many great services that integrate TV and digital technology just fine. while the All-In-One experience is an awesome concept…it’s clearly excuted, so far, as a TV Box that can also play games.
- – Game features are not uncommon on console now like jumping over small walls or solid AI. and graphics aren’t everything.
- – Call of Duty and Halo can only sale very few consoles…i don’t give two craps about the new “Features” if I have to pay for it everytime I play it on another profile or borrow it, does features matter?
- -XBOX One is essentially an inferior PC. We can already do SO much with the PC and every time we have to be online to register games and so forth now I ask, Why don’t i spend a few more bucks to buy a top-notch pc and get steam? WITHOUT ALL THE FEES! The XBOX ONE seems to want to take that E-machine road in a sense.
Microsoft, you are seriously losing your way. It’s no longer about the gaming community or the gamer, it’s about money. and that’s why this is the last straw and Microsoft and the new generation of XBOX fails on EVERY LEVEL!
When you put out a system for gaming, it’s bad for business to emphasis on TV experience…unless you bring your big guns to a reveal, it’ll fall flat every time. If these features are minut to the overall experience of the new console but, wouldn’t it make sense to wait until E3 to makes these revelations along-side your gaming content too? To avoid all the Bull of a bad reveal press conference? Wouldn’t it be bad to reveal a few of the exclusive titles that weren’t already known and have some gameplay footage of those games?
In my opinion, Media focus in an oversaturated media world is not the way to go when you market yourselves as a gaming manufacturer!
- Xbox goes after TV with the NFL, Steven Spielberg and Halo (digitaltrends.com)
- Is Xbox One’s media focus a sign Microsoft is leaving the console war? (gamesradar.com)
- Microsoft reveals new Xbox One (itv.com)
- The Xbox One is a Game Changer (whatsyourtagblog.com)
- The New Xbox One: Microsoft’s Ploy To Take Over (thetizz.wordpress.com)
- Xbox Dumb (seanmalstrom.wordpress.com)
- Microsoft Announces New ‘Halo’ TV Series (on.aol.com)
- Xbox One Is The First Games Console For People Who Don’t Like Games (popsci.com)